GAL XLOKK Decision Committee Members
The members of the Committee meet on a regular basis on the Chairperson’s discretion or on request of any other committee member, to direct the running of the foundation and take strategic decisions.
Dr Philip Von Brockdorff
Dr Hubert Theuma
Mr John Schembri
Luqa Local Council representative (public sector)
Mr Mario Calleja
Marsascala Local Council representative (public sector)
Roles and Responsibilities of the Decision Committee
The Decision Committee members ensure that the projects/measures it endorses are administered efficiently, effectively and with efficacy and that furthermore all the Rules and criteria of the responsible authorities are observed.
Ms Joan Agius
Għaqda Storja, Arti u Artiġjanat Zejtun (private sector)
Mr Marvin Zammit
Qormi Local Council representative (public sector)
Mr Joe Sciberras
Malta Organic Agricultural Movement (private sector)
Mr Carmelo Desira
Lourdcarm (private sector)
Structure of the Decision Committee
As per the foundation's Statute this Committee shall be formed of up to nine (9) members. Five (5) of its members shall be from the private sector. The other four (4) members of the Committee shall be representatives either from the Local Councils or the public sector which formed and which currently form part of the foundation.
Constitution and Composition of the Foundation
The DC of the LAG is the decision-making body in relation to all LAG activities. The DC is responsible for setting the policy for the LAG and, together with the management, is responsible for translating policy into strategies. The DC is also key in the project selection process. The DC is composed of both private and public sector representatives. The private component of the DC which embodies representatives from the economic and social partners, and civil society must make up at least 51% of the DC while the other 49% from Public Sector (Local Councils and other Public entities) representatives (in line with the spirit of Article 34 3 (b) EU Reg 1303/2013.
Mr Frank Fenech
Frank Fenech (private sector)